Rep: A bestial creature that inhabits the Borderland. They particularly enjoy hollows, swamps, and other dark places in the world. They love to venture from their dark, dank recesses to snatch women, children, animals, and unsuspecting men. Even those who can intimidate, like Orcs, can barely train them.
Brief: Goblins are not so much a race with culture, rather they are a ravenous creature native to the Borderlands swamps. Their bodies tend to be slender, tough, and covered in bumps and skin tags. The skin is often green, though shades of mossy brown or light blue have also been recorded. Goblins are flesh eaters and will have no compunction about eating small things, such as children or pets. In larger groups they will attempt to strike at larger targets, like adults. They appear to be intimidated by groups such as Orcs, Minotaur, and Dragonborn and will be reluctant to challenge them unless threatened or they feel there are enough to bring down even the larger creatures. Goblins are viewed as a pest and very few groups outside of renegade mages will use them.
- Everything in life is worth eating. Especially the ones we can easily eat, who crawl and cry when they see us.
- Run from the tallfolk! They have fire! Sharp weapons that will burn and stab us.
- Get prey when they are in your domain. Unless your hungry, then sneak and steal from theirs.
- A young child is fearful about a monster she saw under her bed. Investigate and learn that a nest of Goblins has gotten underneath the floorboards.
- A family is reported missing in town after leaving to picnic. Search the seemingly safe woods for whatever happened to them.
- A Wizard is using Goblins as his pets. Confront the Wizard, as Goblins will get out of control eventually and a Wizard's Tower has too many volatile items that could spill or explode.